The League is happy to announce their involvement with SCE's CARE & FERA Programs. The California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) and Family Electric Rate Assistance (FERA) programs provide a monthly discount on electric rates for low income household relief. The CARE program provides a 20% or more discount on your electric bill – every month for income qualified customers. Similarly the FERA program provides a discount to qualified households of 3 or more that exceed their baseline electricity usage by over 30%. The best part? If you qualify for these assistance program with SCE they will automatically enroll you in The Gas Company's bill assistance program. No extra paperwork required!
There Are Two Ways to Qualify
- You can qualify for CARE if you or someone in your home participates in at least one of the eligible public assistance programs listed below.
- You can also qualify for CARE or FERA if you meet the income guideline qualifications
For more information or to apply call the League of California Homeowners at 800-692-4663.
The League of California Homeowners is a nonprofit agency registered with Southern California Edison as a CARE Capitation contractor. For more information or and any questions feel free to call SCE at 800-736-4777
- Save on Your Utility Bill
- Make the Most of Your Tax Refund
- Selling a Home - Disclosure Requirements
- Mold - What's the Risk?
- Lead Poisoning In Your Home
- Home Buyers Checklist
- Pervious Concrete: An Eco-Friendly Solution to your Pavement Needs
- Cut Down on Junk Mail and Spam
- Home Energy “Myths”
- Money Matters
- Remodeling Tips